Switch theme
About Contact Log in Register!

If you see this message, please make sure that you are using original
TwoMovies website: Two Movies (click here to visit)

Healthy Meals (with pictures) (175 views)

master
!

+2
(4 days ago)
This is what i have just finished eating, now about to settle down to some films.

Sweet potato
Cabbage
Onion
Purple carrots
Broccoli
Mushrooms

All Organic

What are you cooking, eating or just finished right now? smiley

senior master
!

(3 days ago)
@👽GEMINI👽 That looks delicious!

I love sweet potatoes and there are so many ways to cook them. Can also make easy chips with them same with kale. I crave veggies more than I do any meats.

Tonight I will be making ginger + garlic halal chicken using plain yogurt with a pinch of turmeric, cayenne and black pepper. I cover the chicken in this and let sit in fridge for a few hours (after I have first cleaned it with lemon) I save a little of the plain yogurt for my green salad which contains kale, lettuce, dandelion, spinach and chick peas. The chicken will go alongside a bed of Basmati rice served with bhatura bread tamarind chutney to dip it in. It's East Indian inspired but something I cook for my husband and I that is extremely healthy and all organic.

smiley

top expert
!

+1
(4 days ago)
Organic? Do you mean it actually grows? The word Organic = 10% on your food bill. What a lie. Unless you are from another planet we don't know about, you are 'organic'.
Apart from that; That is one good looking meal, though I can easily drop the cabbage, not a flavour I enjoy. The big button mushrooms, I like drizzled with garlic butter. Butter made from cow milk. Garlic grown in soil fertilized by herbivores that I will happily eat later.
Chicken are omnivorous, just like people.

Last meal today; Garlic chicken with cashews and flash heated vegies that only a super heated wok can do. That is a skill I will leave to them that can.

guru
!

(4 days ago)
@Egor17 Organic foodstuffs grow more naturally with fewer or even zero chemicals. Unlike non-organic stuff which is grown in less natural circumstances with fertiliser chemicals and all sorts of other chems, additives, bug killers and crop disease retardants, etc., etc.

Thus most cultivated consumers agree that organic food tastes way better than artificially grown industrial food. Organic is also healthier and less risky. Fish from out of the wild deep blue are perhaps the most organic food you can get and they are a million miles better tasting than chemically pumped up fish from so-called fish farms.

!

+1
(3 days ago)
@Crutchbender For about the last 30 years the fish farms in Orkney have been built at sea. Massive net cages anchored in fast flowing water so that no waste / old food hangs about and the fish need to swim against strong tides. Very low sickness / mortality rate and tasty fish.

top expert
!

(3 days ago)
Real? The 'Deep blue' is well fished out.
Chemically? ever looked at the periodic table? How many of them actually makes you?
Taste. Can not agree more. though would put dollars on you in a blind test. I'll take the dollars coz you wouldn't know unless told. Ever catch a fish with hook and line? One of each. Then cook said fish with self made fire of twigs. That is self gratifying flavour.
The lesson is very simple. If you don't like it do not buy it.
Apparently fishing is a sport? How strange is that.
I have fresh water and salt water rods. Only ever tie on a single hook. The trick is having the bait the fish wants enough to ignore the hook. Fish are not as stoopid as we wish them to be.

As for Pollution. Remember Chernoble, the nuclear plant that went. I was growing up in the nothern part of our world then. Bet if you use a Geiger counter on me it will still register above the back ground expected.

Sorry, got a bit off topic.
Organic. Well anything that grows is a huge mix of chemicals, some taste good, some not.
There is a reason why children hate greens. 50% odd of them are poison to tiny bellies. They don't have the digestion system that us as adults do.
Ever watched a cow eating grass? Then let it's 'patties' dry. Easy to burn for a lot of heat. Then there is the gasses a cow produces. Mostly Methane.
If they didn't taste so good, we would not allow their existence.

Here is the question;
Do I live to eat, or eat to live?

guru
!

(3 days ago)
@Egor17 Periodic tables? Chernobyl? Twig fires? Cow gas? To be honest I'm not sure what you're on about. So I simply repeat my point, organic foodstuffs are tastier and less risky compared to more artificially grown industrially produced foodstuffs. And the proof of this if proof is even needed is that wild fish is way better than farmed fish.

Thus a 100% purely wild in season never farmed truly organic Salmon is way superior, cleaner, better tasting, healthier, more nutritious than salmon artificially packed into in cages and farms where they're pumped to grow at a unnatural pace while coloured with dies as they swim in their own faecal matter not to mention large concentrations of chlorine-based Chloramine-T and formalin which is a known carcinogen.

I'll have the former any day you can stick with the latter.

Cheers.

top expert
!

+1
(3 days ago)
Na, sorry for the confusion. Salmon has pink flesh, so do sea trout. Both are spawned in fresh clean water and spend their growing years in the oceans.
What upsets me is people that think its good to net the rivers and 'canned' the fish before they have the chance to spawn. I don't know if you know. In Scotland we built a lot of dams for hydro electric. Also built fish ladders. So the fish can get past the dam.
Farmed fish is way past the bland grey. Sea salmon might not be as good as one caught with your own line and hook. Farming fish takes square miles of ocean.
You probably don't know that billions of spawn are put into small streams every year, for at least the last 2o years I've heard about.
I still take my rod to water, If I catch lunch, I eat well that day. If not. I have a relaxing day. And sped a few dollars on food.

top expert
!

(3 days ago)
Have I confused you yet?

top expert
!

(3 days ago)
I put it down to the imbibing of falling over water, commonly known as booze.

top expert
!

(3 days ago)
I had oven roasted free-range duck.

With a selection of non-organic salad.

In a GMO wheat flour tortilla wrap.

Smothered [SPOILER] in hoisin sauce.

FEEDBACK